Thursday, June 9, 2011

They never seem to last long enough


I feel like I just took this picture and now all of the flowers are gone. My mom bought this lilac bush for me a little over two years ago when we first bought the house. I planted it underneath our bedroom window daydreaming of taking naps with lilac scented breezes. The tag said it was purple, but hey this was actually a fun surprise. This is the first year we've actually had a lot of blooms on it. I think the white flowers are really pretty, but they are already all gone. I still need to get out there and get rid of all of the spent blooms so it can put it's energy towards growing instead of making seeds.

Speaking of blooms that don't last nearly long enough...


Oh sweet peonies, why do you torture me so?

Because they can, that's why. If peonies were dates, they'd make you wait forever for them to show up, then while you're still swooning, they'd leave without any explanations. One would think you'd be disappointed or write them off, but no. You just stand there mesmerized saying "call me..." and then you'd wait by the phone.
Or maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment