Saturday, December 31, 2011

I think I can be okay at starting things, but finishing them is another story. Right now, I feel like I really need a place to write, somewhere I can be real. I thought about starting another blog and not telling anyone about it, but this little blog is mine and I like it here.

The internet is a funny thing. With social networking, it is amazing how easy it can be to create a perfect image of yourself and your life for all to see. Add all of the "look what I can do" blogs on top of that and I have to imagine there are people out there just sitting at their computers thinking

"What the fuck is wrong with me?"

I mean, people besides me.

Don't get me wrong, I love "look what I can do" blogs. I find them much more inspiring than depressing most of the time, but I have ADHD so the chances of me hyper-focusing and spending hours "pinning" inspiring things on pinterest to do later are much more likely than me seeing something, feeling inspired and actually going and doing those things. 

I'd like to talk about what it's like to be me, a stay at home mom with ADHD who has a son with ADHD. Most of the time, I feel like I am just pretending to be an adult and I'm pretty sure everyone around me knows. I've fallen into this role as a plate spinner and while I seem to be pretty good at spinning one, once you get a few spinning I'm overwhelmed and they all fall to the ground and shatter... then instead of cleaning it all up I decide to make a mosaic table top...or maybe half of one...




3 comments:

  1. You are who you are and that is one wonderful person. I know exactly how you feel and you should write about it. There are so many people out there feeling the same way, you could help them realize this is the way things are for you and there is nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! If I can help someone feel like they aren't alone I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete