Saturday, June 4, 2011

Well, we had big plans...


This morning, when my husband and I planned out our day, it was looking pretty promising. I was going to mow the front part of the yard and he was going to mow the back. Then we were going to work on the supports for my garden beds and work on getting water closer to the garden. Yeah, that's not what happened.

I got one side in the front mowed and started on the other when the lawnmower just stopped. I thought it was out of gas but no. Something is wrong with it. So now we probably have maybe a quarter of the yard mowed. My husband spent the majority of the day trying to figure out what was wrong with it while I brought water back to the garden in jugs so I could water and mulch a few areas. 

Things definitely didn't go as planned today, but sometimes I think being forced to slow down is a good thing. This afternoon I made a picnic for the boys to eat in their play set and I sat with them while they ate. I don't know what it is about kids and being able to eat picnics in forts but it's so fun being able to just sit and watch them. Today was a beautiful day.

2 comments: