Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm not exactly sure who decided on the placement of the light switches in the lower level of my house, but I'm pretty sure whoever that person is, was feeling pretty sadistic that day. Okay, so maybe they just lacked experience in that sort of thing, but having to reach past knuckle scraping pipes to turn on a light switch behind the door in the space the size of a closet while holding a basket full of dirty laundry starts to get really old after a while if you're not a contortionist. My husband, who soon grew tired of hearing me complain about it, and after catching me eyeballing the ceiling in the laundry room started worrying that he might come home to find a hole in our bedroom floor D.I.Y. laundry chute, decided it was time to install a light switch with a motion sensor in the laundry room.

Seriously, it's magical. I'm not kidding. It's a perfect "shut up" project! It took him about five minutes, cost less than twenty dollars, earned him hero status for at least a few days and totally shut me up! Okay that's not entirely true, I didn't totally shut up. It's probably been almost a year now since he's installed it and I still tell him at least once a week how awesome it is.

Today it seems like every time I walk into a room I am turning lights off. The sun is shining and I've got big windows and small trees. All of these lights just aren't necessary. Especially when no one is even in that room. It makes a girl kind of grumpy. Makes a girl wish she could do electrical things so she could install those motion sensor light switches through out most of the house. Since I can't work with electricity, or at least am not willing to try on my own, I'm thinking I'm going to have to turn this grumpiness into a learning experience. I'm thinking that today, the kids are going to have to do a couple extra chores to make up for the electricity that they are wasting. (insert maniacal laughter here)

Yep. It's going to be one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment